95 Years of Service
Nearly a Century of Commitment to Customers and Community
Nystrom Electric is a family-owned company founded by Ed Nystrom in 1920. Back then, improved transmission lines and better distribution literally powered a boom in industry and the growing array of electric-powered appliances appearing for the first time in American households.
Since our founding, Nystrom Electric built a reputation of service and integrity by conducting business fairly and treating customers as we would want to be treated. In 1952, Ed’s daughter, Bonnie, and her husband, Cal Nyreen, became the second generation to run the business.
Thirty-four years later in 1986, Joni Nyreen (Ed’s Nystrom’s granddaughter) and her husband, Mike Hansen, continued Nystrom Electric legacy of excellence. In 2012, the fourth generation, Matt Hansen (Ed’s great-grandson) became Vice President.
Although the technology has changed dramatically since 1920, the life-improving and profit-driving power of electricity has stayed the same. Each successive generation of the Nystrom family has also remained steadfast in their commitment to helping every customer use electricity to enhance life and business in the safest, most efficient way possible.
Meet Our Team
Headed by the fourth-generation of the Nystrom family, our leadership team pledges Nystrom Electric will always adhere to the highest standards of excellence and integrity.
The Nystrom Difference
Broad Capabilities, Employee Excellence, Community Commitment
What's the Nystrom Electric difference?
- A nearly 100-year track record. Surviving as a business for nearly a century is a strong indication that Nystrom treats customers right, has a commitment to integrity and fair business practices and values long-term relationships.
- Top talent. Nystrom hires the best people, gives them the tools they need to serve customers and rewards and recognizes them for a job well done. That means you'll get expertise, efficiency, respect and a service-focused attitude from every Nystrom employee.
- The latest training, certifications and technology. We invest in the best possible training and certifications for our employees and give them the latest, most efficient technology tools. Top talent with the latest tools delivers maximum customer value.
- Broad expertise. Nystrom has experts in commercial, industrial and residential design, construction and service. We're also the leader in infrastructure projects. All together it's among the broadest sets of capabilities in our service area.
- A relationship-focused business approach. Ever since our founding in 1920, Nystrom has focused on creating respectful, mutually beneficial business relationships. Nystrom treats every customer - from the largest to the smallest - as we would want to be treated in their place. We believe in fairness, integrity, respect, value and going the extra mile for each customer.