Nystrom Electric, serving Siouxland for 95 years

1920

The Beginning

Nystrom-Olson Electrical Co. Established as an electrical contractor and warehouse with offices in the Commerce Building. Ed Nystrom & Al Olson ~ Owners
1922

Changes

Ed Nystrom becomes the Sole Owner.
1928

Moving

The offices moved to 505 Nebraska.
1928-30

Badgerow Building

Nystrom Electric begins work on the Badgerow Building as it's first big contract.
1939

Another Move

Offices moved to The Davidson Building.
1945

Yes We Moved Again

Another relocation was needed and Nystrom Electric moved to 614 Pierce.
1946

Bring on the Brass!

Sioux SOYA all explosion contract ~ All Brass Tools Used.
1950

St. Joseph Hospital

St. Joseph Hospital Contract, Methodist Hospital addition contract, and another relocation to 711-713 Pearl St.
1952

A New Partner

Calvin Nyreen joined Ed as a partner.
1953

Lutheran Church Chapel

Lutheran Church Chapel and Educational Center , Albert City Iowa

Licensing and Certification

Nystrom Electric is legally qualified to conduct business in the following jurisdictions: State of Iowa, State of Nebraska, and the State of South Dakota. In addition to the Electrical Contracting licenses previously mentioned, we also hold & maintain the following certifications: BICSI ITS Technician, BICSI RCDD, NICET Level III, IMSA Work Zone Safety, and Traffic Signal Installer.